Kids R Us is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Each student’s welfare is of paramount importance. All administration and teachers will endeavor to work together to encourage the development of a culture which embraces difference and diversity and respects the rights of all members of the community.
Safer Recruitment and Selection
We ensure that all appropriate measures are applied in relation to everyone who works in the school including volunteers, bus drivers, administration staff and teachers. Safer recruitment practice includes checking applicants, verifying identity and academic or vocational qualifications, obtaining professional and character references, checking prior employment history and establishing that a candidate has the necessary health and physical capacity for employment.
Safe Professional Practice
Through induction, peer mentoring and ongoing training, the school will ensure that staff is:
- fully conversant with this policy
- take responsibility for their own actions and behavior and know to avoid any behavior which would lead to the questioning of their motivation and intentions
- carry out their duties in an open, transparent and professional manner
- discuss or solicit advice from the school leadership team over any issue which is causing them concern or anxiety
- record any incidents or decisions made are aware that ignoring the law or other professional guidelines could result in criminal or disciplinary proceedings