The School follows the Qatari curriculum of the Ministry of education syllabuses for Arabic, & Religion. Non-Muslim Children do not take Religion if they wish.
Green Park School provides a curriculum appropriate for the age and development level of each child. The learning environment fosters all areas of development: intellectual, language, physical and social; and provides the challenge for children to learn according to their individual growth patterns.
Our program aims at:
- Providing an environment designed for the age group served and implemented with attention to the needs and differences of the individual children
- Providing themes of interest which integrate and teach all areas of the core curriculum (e.g. language, arts, mathematics, science, social studies)
- Providing an environment arranged in learning areas (e.g. art area, science area, reading area, dramatic play area). Each area will have a variety of activities for the children. This arrangements allows for a wide range of developmental interests and abilities within the same classroom
- Providing a balance of classroom activities that are teacher-directed and child-initiated. These activities may be active or quiet, performed individually or in a large or small groups
- Providing a learning process which is active; one in which children interact with each other and materials while engaging in cooperative hand-on learning with day-to-day life experiences
- Providing a curriculum that builds up upon what children already know and able to do to enable them to connect new concepts and skills
- Providing opportunities for exposure to a wide variety of information and literacy experiences and the use of technology through daily activities in the classroom and media area.
Core Curriculum Creative Skills
Creative skills are developed by engaging children in activities with play dough, sand, water, dramatic play, blocks, creative stories, art, music, movement and a variety of other materials.
The student will be encouraged to participate in activities that foster individual creativity:
- Express thoughts and ideas about work and play
- Develop and verbalize solutions to simple problems
- Think of new uses for familiar materials